03 April 2012

My Childhood Favorites

It's easier to make a top 5 list of favorite movies from my childhood than a top 5 list of my current favorites, because the ones I liked extra much when I was little I remember well and it's easier to judge them subjectively. It's not easy though to choose five though, it would be easier to make a top 10 list, but somehow I managed without feeling too bad about leaving out some favorites. This is the result I came up with:


Top 5 Childhood Favorites



1. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)


A perfect family movie which will never be forgotten. Aliens should be displayed friendly like this more often! Can't think of any greater movie experience for a child than watching this one.




2. The Fox and the Hound (1981)



We had a lot of VHS cassettes at home when I was little. I watched The Lion King, Toy Story and all those disney classics a lot and liked them much, but still, this was my favorite animated movie. I don't know how many times I watched it. 



aka Pippi Longstocking on the Seven Seas

One of the most well known movies based on stories by the Swedish author Astrid LindgrenOne of my biggest dreams when I was little was owning this movie so I could watch it as much as I wanted. I didn't realize then how easy that dream could have come true if I had just told my parents.




4. Alive (1993)


I believe I was a little older when I watched this and it was a experience I remember well. I like movies about surviving.I still like this movie a lot and it's in my dvd collection.




5. Home Alone (1990)


One of the most entertaining family movies that I watched many times in my childhood. Also enjoyed the sequel almost as much, but hated the third one.



Felt a little bad to leave out Titanic, I remember well how thrilling I thought it was watching it for the first time when I was about 10 years old.


A scene from Pippi Longstocking


If you like to you can comment and tell me about your childhood favorites!

2 comments:

  1. I've actually only seen #4 and #5 on your list. E.T. is a movie pretty much everyone liked when they saw it as a child. Since I didn't see it, I don't feel like watching it now. I just don't think I'd like it as an adult.

    Some of my childhood favorites include Beverly Hills Cop, Gotcha!, Weird Science, The Terminator, James Bond-films and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, it wouldn't be the same to watch it the first time when you're grown up, but maybe if you're planning on having kids in the future you can watch it with them. :) The same goes with me and the James Bond films. I tried watching the first one, Dr. No, but it really felt like watching a childrens movie. I had not heard of Gotcha! and Wierd Science before.

    ReplyDelete