09 October 2012

Seen in September

Top 5 Movies Seen in September


#5. Escape from Alcatraz (1979)


A really good film about the famous escape from alcatraz. It's kind of a straight forward retelling of a true event, which for me is just the way it should be told. If not for anything else, watch it to learn the story about the escape. Or watch it because Clint Eastwood is great.

#4. Network (1976)


I had put off this movie for a long time, because I thought it would be a super-serious conspiracy film, which I'm not that fond of. I was surprised to find that it was such a fun and unique movie.

#3. Cinderella Man (2005)


Cinderella Man is a depression era set boxing movie, which are two elements I almost always enjoy. Watch this when you're feeling bored with your work, it may make you appreciate it more for a day or two (before you forget about it again as humans tend to do).


Encounters at the End of the World is a documentary about basically anything going on in Antarctica. It's about the animals, nature and work, but mostly about the people living there. Everybody has their own reasons for being there, but many of them seem to have in common that they wanted to "get away" or simply go for an adventure. A really enjoyable documentary which is made even better by  Werner Herzog's distinctive way of narrating it.

#1. The Last King of Scotland (2006)


Even though Idi Amin was a terrible person, I'm sure he was also very funny, like Forest Whitaker in this movie. I assume one has to be very charismatic to become a dictator, which in this movie is very well displayed.



My ratings in September:



No comments:

Post a Comment