28 March 2012

Top 5 Quotes: Speeches

These are not in order, they're too different from each other to rank.

Top 5 Speeches


Nr. 1: Inglourious basterds

The Nazikillin' speech - "We're gonna be doing one thing, and one thing only. Killin' Nazis"
Nobody writes dialogue like Tarantino but I can't put my finger on what makes it so entertaining. Very strong performance by Brad Pitt as well.

Found a cool video of the speech on youtube:

Nr. 2: The Grapes of Wrath

The Liberty speech - "Where ever there's a cop beatin' up a guy. I'll be there"
A very powerful speech well acted by Henry Fonda, my favorite actor of older movies.
Everybody should listen to the song "The Ghost of Tom Joad" by Bruce Springstein and the cover by Rage Against the Machine.

Nr. 3: The Hangover

The Wolfpack speech - "I've just added two more guys to my wolfpack"
I don't know who wrote this speech, but I have to say much of the credit has to go to Zach Galifianakis for his acting. It's really thanks to him the movie was good, otherwise, it would've been decent. He couldn't save the sequel though in my opinion.


Nr. 4: Festen

The Unveiling Speech - "I realised that Helge was a very clean man, with all those baths"
This is perfect, if you haven't seen it, do now! The cold way Christian holds the speech, acting like there is nothing special about the speech and not giving away anything before the disclosure.

I suggest you watch the movie before watching this videoclip

Nr. 5: The Great Dictator

The Humanity Speech - "You are not machines, you are not cattle, you are men!"
A great attack on the Nazis by Chaplin.

4 comments:

  1. Nice picks, Festen and The Great Dictator would make my list too. Also the "Tears in Rain" speech in Blade Runner and the speech about Vogler's baby in Persona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the speech in Festen is really one of my favorite scenes in movies overall.
      Persona is one of my favorite movies, but somehow I didn't think of it when I wrote this list. I have to rewatch Blade Runner, because to be honest I didn't quite get it the first time, maybe because I expected something easier/simpler. Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice picks... I think the Ezequiel 25:17 speech from Jules in Pulp Fiction could make it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes that's a great speech too. I have thought of making a list called "Another 5 Great Speeches" cause there's so many great ones. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete