30 May 2012

Top 5 Perfomances: Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp has always been one of my favorite actors and always does an amazing job. The last few years though, I feel that he hasn't chosen his roles too well and I would like to see him in more drama/comedy movies and less fantasy.

This is a list of the best performances, not the best movies, although the quality of the movie often has an impact on the performance vice versa.


Edward Scissorhands













The movie is great but not flawless. Johnny Depp is though.


4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)


Willy Wonka
















What would otherwise have been an okay movie became a personal favorite for me because of Johnny Depp's acting. I must admit, I haven't seen the original so I can't say if he's better than Gene Wilder or not.

3. Dead Man (1995)


William Blake















One of the most unique movies Johnny Depp has acted in. William Blake goes from being a nervous accountant to being a cool western outlaw in this Jarmusch film.



Jack Sparrow
















The most well-known movie and the one that made him bigger than ever. He should have stopped being Jack Sparrow after the third one because there's not much left to get from that character.

1. Ed Wood (1994)


Edward D Wood Jr.













My absolute favorite Johnny Depp performance is his portrayal of the legendary director Edward D Wood Jr.


Bonus: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Felt bad to leave this out of the list. Great performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment